Friday, May 24, 2013

Coaching U Live Podcasts Gems



My morning ritual consists of a bagel from Brooklyn Water Bagels and a Coaching U Podcast. I just recently started listening to them and I have to admit, I'm hooked. Coach Brendan Suhr and Coach Kevin Eastman have done an incredible job of bringing some of the best and brightest minds in to share with us their personal beliefs on a variety of topics. This morning I listened to the Joshua Medcalf podcast and decided that I needed to share some of the things I've learned from all the podcasts I have listened to. I highly recommend to anyone, especially those involved with sports, to listen to these podcasts. (Available on iTunes for free) There are so many lessons to be learned. Here are some of my Coaching U "Gems":


Have clarity with your voice. Less is more. (Gordon Chiesa)

There's a difference between asking questions and questioning. (Gordon Chiesa)

Are you coaching basketball or are you coaching individuals? Are you coaching a team or are you coaching players to become a team? (Brad Stevens)

Very few players have been a member of a team. They've been on a team, but they haven't been a member of a team. (Jay Bilas)

The things in life that are really worth something cannot be done by yourself. (Billy Donovan) 

I think through sports, the struggle, the failure, the pain help prepare you for things later in life that become a lot more serious. (Billy Donovan)

Every coach has to have a well defined philosophy of the game. Your philosophy won't change and it must be understood by your players. (Stan Van Gundy)

Love people more and put people's hearts first. (Joshua Medcalf) 




No comments:

Post a Comment