Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Personal Accountability



Accountable people look for solutions, not scapegoats. They blame no one – not even themselves. If a “self-critique” is warranted, they ask QBQ’s like “What could I have done differently?” and “How can I learn from this experience?”

True personal accountability is about each of us holding ourselves accountable for our own thinking and behaviors and the results they produce.

Personal accountability isn’t about hiding behind the team and making excuses. And it certainly is not about changing others. Its about making a difference by changing ourselves. 

Personal Accountability Questions:

·     How can I adapt to the changing world?
·      What can I do to become a more effective listener?
·      How can I better understand others?
·      What can I do to find the information I need to make a decision?
·      How can I excel in my work right now?
·      How can I achieve with the resources I already have?
·      How can I apply what I’m hearing? – even if I’ve heard it before.
·      What can I do right now to make a difference?
·      How can I appreciate people’s gifts and strengths just as they are?
·      How can I set a better example?




From "QBQ! The Question Behind The Question" by John G. Miller 

1 comment: