Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Finding A Reason To Be Motivated


    

      Muhammed Ali illustrates one of my favorite stories about motivation. When he was growing up in Louisville, he got a job sacking groceries. He didn’t make much money, but he saved enough to buy a secondhand bicycle. He loved that blue bicycle. He was proud of it. He had worked hard for it and earned it. One day someone stole his bike. He was heartbroken.
      
      “I walked all over Louisville that summer, looking for that bicycle,” Ali said. “I waked and looked, looked and walked. Never found it to this day. But every time I got in the ring, I looked across at the other fighter and told myself, ‘Hey, that’s the guy who stole my bicycle!’” 



From "Mind Gym" by Gary Mack and David Casstevens 

No comments:

Post a Comment